Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A little progress
22. Sep 2013 at 17:36
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! Mark & Quote Quote Modify Remove 
I finally feel like this project is going somewhere.
On the weekend, I finished assembling the rear axle, after replacing every seal and gasket, along with the carrier and shaft bearings.  The brakes have a lot of new parts, too--everything that comes in the overhaul kit from Walcks.

Only one part got wrecked in the process--the pinion seal, which is, of course, the very last thing I was installing.  I put it in backwards.  Roll Eyes  Damaged it trying to get it in, and there was no way it was coming out intact either.  Took me a few minutes to figure out what I had done wrong.  Oh well, I just used the one I had bought for the front.  I've got more things to order before I can finish the front anyway.

No comments: